Sunday, March 11, 2012

im good

Im sorry i have not updated in a while. things have been nuts. literally, Crunchy Nut is this type of cereal here and it is incredible! i wish we had it back home. it is so big here that they even have tempting signs...


so let me go ahead and sum up these past couple weeks with some super legit pictures that im taking with my camera! First item of business... we were walking on Grafton Street one day (Where a lot of one of my favoirte movies, Once, is filmed. Boss) And looked over to see this nut who literally made it look like he was frozen. he made his tie stick up like that and just stayed in this position for a long times, with his briefcase open for money. haha. CRAZY


Next up: Our trip to Howth. Howth is a ton about 20 minutes north of Dublin. and a few of us went there one Saturday to do a hike along the cliffs there, and it was one of my favorite days since i have been here. It is this incredible seaport town with this huge pier and awesome restaurants with really fresh fish DA BESSSS MAINNNN!!! (Just double checked and saw i posted about Howth in my previous post. Oh well. it was great)

Here is a view of Howth, and some rocks?


Best part of the day. Finding a boat named Willie. HAHA!


All the other lame boats.


Crazy cliffs that i threw a few pieces of fruit off. it was neat.


Ok so now this is our trip up to Northern Ireland (Which is a completely different country. nuts.) We stayed in Belfast which is a town with a ton of history but it was really sad also. In short, Catholics used to really not like Protestants in this area, and many people suffered. Yikes. But we stayed at this awesome Hostel that was literally right on the beach. it was super great. The trip of north was great, but pretty exhausting after your on a bus for a lot of it. It was really interesting. We were there for three days and honestly it was really good when we got back to Greystones. It is home.


This is a castle we saw and we got to go inside and look all around. it was pretty great. but not necessarily da besssss.. 


next was this crazy bridge! it was kind of da besss....and a lot of people were really freaked out about it.  especially when we went across the bridge, people realized the only way back meant crossing the bridge again. haha! 



now this part of the north trip was definitely DA BESSSS. Its called Giants Causeway. and my sister told me before i came on the trip its the strangest thing ever, and it honestly sooo nuts. it s just this huge mass of hexagonal stones stacked on top of each other. it was so weird. But incredible to see how creative God is. it was AWESOME


And then we came home and like i said it was so nice to be back. The trip was great though. ever since then things have been good. we are starting to get into classwork a little more which is a little stressful for people. But ultimately, im trying not to let anything get in the way of the fact that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity so i want to make the most of it. I am so glad that coming into this trip i knew the one thing i wanted to get out of it. It has helped me step back at times to remind myself why i am here. And that is to grow in my relationship with God through Jesus. I am continually learning what it means to be still before the Lord and it is an extremely humbling experience. And getting to do it in Ireland is just an awesome plus. I run every other morning and stop at my bench. It is the one on the left, and being able to sit there and watch the sun rise over the Irish sea is one of the best things ever. so im soaking it all in for sure.


The things i dont have pictures of right now are when all the guys went and got our straight razor shaves after not shaving all february. it got to be pretty brutal. But the warm towel shave was incredible. the place we went to is called Sweeney Todd's. haha it had posters of the movie all around and these 3 guys working it. it was one of the best things i have ever done. Our faces were so smooth. 

Other items of importance: There are like 3 girls who just never stop baking things in our kitchen. and 89% of those things include Nutella. So i have had to be careful. But our food here is sooo good so thats boss. I miss everyone from school a ton. and for sure back home. my email has not been working the past few days which has been a bummer. so if you have sent me anything in the last 48 hours, i probably did not get it. sorry :/ but it is working now! so pumped.

And yeah, ultimately I am growing a ton. I have loved listening to all the sermons from my church in Kansas City. It has been so encouraging. And i am still listening to a ton of Christian rap. which is where i will end.

"Satan uses guilt, to strip away our hope" -Lecrae

Every once in a while if I have a rough day, i feel like Satan does just that. He tries to make me dwell on my mistakes and make me feel not da bess. But something i also have been reminded of lately is to have an Eternal mindset. My small group is reading Mere Christianity...

"Aim for Heaven and get earth thrown in. Aim for earth, and get neither" -Lewis

THE TRUTH! so good. Between Lecrae/Tedashii/Trip Lee(my post title=his new single. boss)/C.S. Lewis/C.T. Studd(I am reading his biography, insane)/And ultimately getting in the Word every morning, I am growing in ways i never knew. Loving my life, but missing everyone back home! But we will be together again. I love you guys and will post soon. St. Patrick's day in Dublin next Saturday. Lord help me.

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment